Best Thermal Printers for Shipping Labels
A printer is an essential device nowadays. Especially, for work-related documents. Yes, copy shops exist, but even the most environmentally conscious among us must use paper and print documents from time to time. You can reduce the amount of printed paper you consume or use recycled paper. If you work in the eCommerce industry, having a printer will be extremely beneficial to your company.
Many businesses need a dependable label printer to label goods and items, as well as to print price tags, order slips, and shipping labels. A dependable thermal label printer is a must for a small business. Finding a reliable printer may be difficult, but is not impossible. In this article, we’ll look at what makes a thermal label good and provide you with a list of the best printers on the market.
What is a Thermal Printer?
Thermal printers use heat print heads to print characters onto thermal paper, such as shipping labels. These label printers, unlike ordinary printers, do not use ink or toner, and you only need compatible thermal labels.
Characteristics of a Good Thermal Printer
- Compatible with the latest computer Operating System. A good thermal printer should be fully compatible with the operating system you’re using. It should come with ready-made drivers and user-friendly software.
- Fast. If you’re in the eCommerce business, chances are that you need to print a lot of labels daily. A good thermal printer needs to keep up with your speed. Even though you might need to spend more money in the beginning, in the long run, a fast printer will save you time.
- High-quality. If you’re shipping worldwide, you need to collaborate with the major carriers. Having high-quality labels that are compatible with a variety of shipping services is essential.
- Cost-efficient. A good thermal printer doesn’t have to be very expensive. Instead, it should provide reliability for an affordable price.
- Customizable. Your go-to printer needs to accept your customized settings. Most good printers come with software that will make your job easier.
- Connection. It’s important that your printer comes with a decent USB connection. But that’s not all. A LAN support or Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection are desirable specifications. If you use a wireless thermal printer, you can print from any device on your network with ease. When you expand your team, others can send packing slips to the same printer for maximum efficiency!
- Environmentally friendly. Look for printers that care for the environment. Sustainability is a major topic in eCommerce nowadays, and we all have a part in taking care of the world.
- Customer support. It’s always nice to have support if your printer stops working. Opt for companies that offer a warranty and help when you need it most.
Now that we’ve covered the most important characteristics of a good thermal printer, let’s look at some excellent products we recommend.
MUNBYN Label Printer
A one-minute setup time and you’re ready to go with MUNBYN pink thermal label printer. It’s a terrific printer for regular shipping labels. You can also make your own stickers and logos for your business using colored thermal labels. The compact design will free up desktop space. Munbyn is compatible with all major shipping platforms. When you need help, you can rely on free lifetime customer support.
Munbyn promotes a green, energy-saving, and low-carbon development mindset. They support environmental protection by using sophisticated heat technology in printers instead of carbon cartridges.
DYMO LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Label Printer
The DYMO LabelWriter 4XL Label Printer makes printing shipping labels a breeze. This printer, which prints extra-large 4" x 6" delivery labels for USPS, FedEx, and UPS, is ideal for online sellers. Use the Labelwriter 4XL for all your labeling requirements.
The direct thermal label printer does not need expensive ink or toner to print, saving you money and time. It comes with a program offering 60 professional templates and customizable fonts and graphics. The 300dpi resolution ensures that your labels are crystal clear.
ZSB Series Thermal Label Printer
This label printer comes with a guided Bluetooth mobile setup easily controlled wirelessly. The workspace offers transparency by showing which label cartridge is now in the printer and how many labels you are left with.
As with the other printers, ZSB has label designer software and pre-made templates. Thanks to its compatibility with shipping service templates, you can customize your labels in a pain-free manner. The high resolution and rapid print speed make this one a must-have printer for hard-working small businesses.
When you have a package you’d like to ship from the US to friends and family around the world, PackageHopper makes it easy!
The recipe for a pleasant experience with a thermal label printer lies in finding the balance between price, reliability, and support. Find a printer according to your budget that will support you in growing your business and won’t let you down.
If you’ve decided to use our shipping services for worldwide shipping from the USA, you will get the best shipping rates and the fastest delivery times. But that’s not all! Once you type in all the necessary information to make a shipment, PackageHopper will email you a shipping label and export documents to be printed before you drop off your package. Print the label with your new amazing thermal label and your package is ready to go.
More from the blog
How to Pack and Ship Internationally with PackageHopper
Pack and ship like a pro! With so many things to do as a shipper, it’s always good to have a short and useful checklist to help keep things running smoothly. Read more
How to Fill Out a Customs Form for International Shipping
Knowing how to fill out customs forms efficiently when shipping internationally can bring you a huge sigh of relief and more free time to work on expanding your business. Read more