Delivery to Mexico is Just a Hop Away!
Shipping to Mexico Has Never Been This Easy!
Do you have a package that needs to be delivered from the USA to Mexico? We know how complex the process can get. Internet is full of ambiguous information and often different sources state different facts. It’s better to prepare in advance instead of getting lost in all the technicalities.
Keeping this in mind, we’ve prepared this guide on shipping from the United States to Mexico to eliminate any confusions that you might have about the process. With PackageHopper, shipping from the USA to Mexico has never been this easy! We are here to ensure you fast delivery, careful handling, and a stress-free experience from start to finish. All you have to do is relax and wait for the reaction of your loved ones or customers when they will receive their package. We offer options tailored for everyone’s needs and budget so worry not!
In this guide we will try to answer the following questions:
- What should I know before I start to prepare my package?
- How much does it cost?
- What can I ship?
- How long does it take for my package to be delivered?
- How does shipping with PackageHopper work?
- Can I track my package?
What Should I Know Before I Start to Prepare My Package?
With our services, sending your precious goods to your loved ones in Mexico is very easy! As the US's second-largest export market and being so close to home, regular shipping routes help keep delivery fast and reliable. With PackageHopper it means it’s reasonably priced too!
On average, the transit time from the US to Mexico can be anywhere from 1 to 5 business days depending on several factors like the shipping service, carrier, holidays, and customs. With PackageHopper, you can choose between standard or expedited shipping services. We’d recommend selecting expedited if it’s a holiday gift or a special birthday package so your happy recipient will have it in time for unwrapping!
All you need to do on your end is to make sure that the package is secured so it can arrive in Mexico in one piece.
Here are some tips from UPS that you can use when preparing your package.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
We offer some great packing tips on our blog, so make sure you read up before you drop off your package!
How Much Does It Cost?
Now that you have everything packed neatly, it is time to choose the most suitable way to send it on its merry way.
Here is a quick demonstration of how much a 1lb package would cost versus a 10lb package:
PackageHopper shipping rates to Mexico start as low as $19.00 for a 1lb package with UPS Expedited service; whereas a 10lb package can cost $38.42. Both great prices!
What makes us different is TruePrice™. Our revolutionary pricing system gives you accurate upfront rates based on weight only, not dimensions. However, if your package's length + width + height is greater than 80 inches, the over-sized nature of it will require special handling.
Once you have all this info, select your destination country on our Ship Now page. Voila! You’ve successfully started the process and you’ll be presented with al your carrier options and prices.
What Can I Ship?
In the next step, we expect you to provide us with information about the type and value of the items you are sending. Check out the list of restricted & prohibited items to see if any of your items qualify. Some products are completely forbidden from exporting out of the US, some require additional steps to ensure the shipment can be processed, and some can be exported but you must ensure the destination country will allow the import of the same.
Some items that require special authorization to clear customs include:
- Artwork and antiques
- Medication - personal use only (must be in the original container and clearly labeled, with prescription)
- Alcohol - up to 3 liters of alcohol and 6 liters of wine (if the shipper is over 18 years old)
- Tobacco - up to 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars, or 200 grams of tobacco (if the shipper is over 18 years old)
- Photography and videography equipment (film, videocassettes, lenses) - amount limited
- Cellular phones, radios, walkie-talkies, binoculars, typewriters, laptops, CDs, DVDs - amount limited
- Duplicate appliances (two microwaves permitted, but major appliances may be considered commercial rather than household goods)
This list is might be subject to change so always double-check closer to your send-off time before shipping.
How Long Does It Take for My Package to Be Delivered?
The FedEx international services offered by PackageHopper from the USA to Mexico are:
- Priority: 1-3 business days
- Economy: 2-5 business days
PackageHopper also offers the following UPS Worldwide shipping options for shipping from the USA to Mexico:
- Worldwide Saver: 1-3 business days
- Expedited: 2-5 business days
It is all up to your preferences, your budget, and whether the delivery is urgent or not.
Based on these criteria, we will provide you with the best shipping deals for your package!
Can I Track My Package?
Yes, absolutely! Once you drop off your package you will receive a tracking number. Go to Track Your Package on PackageHopper. Select the carrier you chose and type in your tracking number. You’ll see where your package is at the moment. You can also share this info with the receiver of your package so they would know when to expect the goods.
How Does Shipping with PackageHopper Work?
We will now break down how the whole process looks like in five steps:
- Have your package packed and ready in a new shipping box
- Go to our homepage or "Ship Now" page
- Enter your zip code, package weight, and destination country
- Pay for shipping based on weight only, using our custom TruePrice™ guarantee
- Print the labels and customs form provided with your order (you’ll be needing a printer, or someone who has one, for this)
- Just drop off the package with your carrier of choice (FedEx or UPS)
And that’s it! Leave the rest up to us.
More from the blog
Getting Your Small Business Prepared for the Holiday Season
Use your marketing strategies to have a successful holiday season in 2021. Check out these tips to give you some ideas on developing a strategic plan for your eCommerce business Read more
How to Pack and Ship Internationally with PackageHopper
Pack and ship like a pro! With so many things to do as a shipper, it’s always good to have a short and useful checklist to help keep things running smoothly. Read more