Delivery to Mexico is Just a Hop Away!
Shipping to Mexico Has Never Been This Easy!
Do you have a package that needs to be delivered from the USA to Mexico? We know how complex the process can get. Internet is full of ambiguous information and often different sources state different facts. It’s better to prepare in advance instead of getting lost in all the technicalities.
Keeping this in mind, we’ve prepared this guide on shipping from the United States to Mexico to eliminate any confusions that you might have about the process. With PackageHopper, shipping from the USA to Mexico has never been this easy! We are here to ensure you fast delivery, careful handling, and a stress-free experience from start to finish. All you have to do is relax and wait for the reaction of your loved ones or customers when they will receive their package. We offer options tailored for everyone’s needs and budget so worry not!
In this guide we will try to answer the following questions:
- What should I know before I start to prepare my package?
- How much does it cost?
- What can I ship?
- How long does it take for my package to be delivered?
- How does shipping with PackageHopper work?
- Can I track my package?
What Should I Know Before I Start to Prepare My Package?
With our services, sending your precious goods to your loved ones in Mexico is very easy! As the US's second-largest export market and being so close to home, regular shipping routes help keep delivery fast and reliable. With PackageHopper it means it’s reasonably priced too!
On average, the transit time from the US to Mexico can be anywhere from 1 to 5 business days depending on several factors like the shipping service, carrier, holidays, and customs. With PackageHopper, you can choose between standard or expedited shipping services. We’d recommend selecting expedited if it’s a holiday gift or a special birthday package so your happy recipient will have it in time for unwrapping!
All you need to do on your end is to make sure that the package is secured so it can arrive in Mexico in one piece.
Here are some tips that you can use when preparing your package.
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
We offer some great packing tips on our blog, so make sure you read up before you drop off your package!
What Can I Ship?
In the next step, we expect you to provide us with information about the type and value of the items you are sending. Check out the list of restricted & prohibited items to see if any of your items qualify. Some products are completely forbidden from exporting out of the US, some require additional steps to ensure the shipment can be processed, and some can be exported but you must ensure the destination country will allow the import of the same.
Some items that require special authorization to clear customs include:
- Artwork and antiques
- Medication - personal use only (must be in the original container and clearly labeled, with prescription)
- Alcohol - up to 3 liters of alcohol and 6 liters of wine (if the shipper is over 18 years old)
- Tobacco - up to 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars, or 200 grams of tobacco (if the shipper is over 18 years old)
- Photography and videography equipment (film, videocassettes, lenses) - amount limited
- Cellular phones, radios, walkie-talkies, binoculars, typewriters, laptops, CDs, DVDs - amount limited
- Duplicate appliances (two microwaves permitted, but major appliances may be considered commercial rather than household goods)
This list is might be subject to change so always double-check closer to your send-off time before shipping.
Can I Track My Package?
Yes, absolutely! Once you drop off your package you will receive a tracking number. Go to Track Your Package on PackageHopper. Select the carrier you chose and type in your tracking number. You’ll see where your package is at the moment. You can also share this info with the receiver of your package so they would know when to expect the goods.
How Does Shipping with PackageHopper Work?
We will now break down how the whole process looks like in five steps:
- Have your package packed and ready in a new shipping box
- Go to our homepage or "Ship Now" page
- Enter your zip code, package weight, and destination country
- Pay for shipping based on weight only, using our custom TruePrice™ guarantee
- Print the labels and customs form provided with your order (you’ll be needing a printer, or someone who has one, for this)
- Just drop off the package with your carrier of choice
And that’s it! Leave the rest up to us.
How are you going to be using PackageHopper? Let us know on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
More from the blog
Celebrate Ramadan with Family and Friends Overseas
Have you thought about what gifts you should send to loved ones overseas? With PackageHopper, you can deliver these thoughtful and delightful gifts appropriate for celebrating Ramadan in little to no time! Read more
Get Crafty For International Crafting Month: Shipping Art Supplies
Get crafty for International Crafting Month by sending your friends and loved ones the art supplies they need to be creative with PackageHopper! Read more
Lovely Gifts You Can Ship to the UK for Mothering Sunday
Are you looking for significant items that you can send as gifts for Mothering Sunday? The honored UK holiday is quickly approaching, and PackageHopper can help you suggest and ship the perfect presents on time. Read more
Lending a Helping Hand: Sending Essentials to Türkiye
The people of Türkiye need your help more now than ever. While donations are acceptable, many families require warmth and shelter immediately. PackageHopper recommends sending select items that improve the situation. Read more