MyUS PackageHopper Help Center
Preparing Your Shipment
When you have a package you'd like to ship from the US to friends and family around the world, MyUS PackageHopper is here to make it easy!
- Enter the destination country, your package dimensions, and weight, and receive an upfront, accurate shipping rate. Then, choose the shipping method that meets your needs.
- Tell us what's in the box by listing every item's value, where it was made, and quantity. Reference our list of restricted and prohibited items to make sure your package can be safely delivered to its destination.
- After you check out and pay for your shipment, PackageHopper will email you a UPS shipping label to send your items to our Sarasota facility for verification and export preparation.*
- Bring your shipment to a local drop-off point.
- Sit back and relax as we will verify the contents of your package, ensure it is packaged and labeled correctly for international shipping, complete any necessary export documentation, and ship your items internationally with door-to-door tracking via your chosen courier.
*When shipping internationally via USPS, please note that your items will bypass the PackageHopper facility and instead be managed through USPS International Priority.
Your shipment will be traveling around the globe, so be sure to include plenty of padding for your items, packaged securely in a sturdy, unused cardboard box.
Yes. All items shipped through MyUS PackageHopper must be safely packed in a sturdy, unused cardboard box. Carriers will not accept shipments in any other type of container or packaging. PackageHopper cannot ship envelopes of any kind, padded mailers, cardboard tubes, suitcases, instrument cases or palletized items.
When completing the “What’s in the Box?” section of your shipment details, your item description should answer the following three questions:
- What is the item?
- What materials is the item made of?
- What or who is the item for?
For example, if you are shipping running shoes, your answers would be:
- Fabric & Rubber
And your item description would be: Shoes, Fabric & Rubber, Running
No. All PackageHopper shipments must be brought to a drop-off location.
Yes. Your package contents cannot exceed a total value of US$2,499.99.
Other questions in Preparing Your Shipment:
Other FAQ Categories
- Double check the spelling
- Try less specific words, or other words that mean the same thing
- Limit your search to one or two words