PackageHopper Help Center
Preparing Your Shipment
When you have a package you’d like to ship from the US to friends and family around the world, PackageHopper makes it easy!
- Enter the destination country, your package dimensions and weight, and receive an upfront, accurate TruePrice™ shipping rate based on weight only*. Then, choose the FedEx shipping method that meets your needs.
- Tell us what’s in the box by listing every item, its value, where it was made, and the quantity. Reference our list of prohibited and restricted items to make sure your package can safely be delivered to its destination.
- After you check out and pay for your shipment, PackageHopper will email you a shipping label and export documents to be printed before you drop off your package.
- Bring your shipment to a local FedEx drop-off point and we’ll take care of the rest!
*While 99% of shipments are calculated by weight only, TruePrice excludes shipments with linear dimensions (length + width + height) more than 80 inches (203cm).
Your shipment will be traveling around the globe, so be sure to include plenty of padding for your items, packaged securely in a sturdy, unused cardboard box.
Yes. All items shipped through PackageHopper must be safely packed in a sturdy, unused cardboard box. Carriers will not accept shipments in any other type of container or packaging. PackageHopper cannot ship envelopes of any kind, padded mailers, cardboard tubes, suitcases, instrument cases or palletized items.
When completing the “What’s in the Box?” section of your shipment details, your item description should answer the following three questions:
- What is the item?
- What materials is the item made of?
- What or who is the item for?
For example, if you are shipping running shoes, your answers would be:
- Fabric & Rubber
And your item description would be: Shoes, Fabric & Rubber, Running
Please contact the carrier’s location to confirm they can accept your shipping label by email and print it for you.
Yes. See the chart below for more information. The formula for girth is Length + Width*2 + Height*2
|Service||Max Length (in)||Max Girth (in)||Max Weight (lbs)|
|FedEx Priority||118"||130"||150 lbs.|
|FedEx Economy||118"||130"||150 lbs|
No. All PackageHopper shipments must be dropped off at a FedEx location.
Yes. Your package contents cannot exceed a total value of US$2,499.99.
Other questions in Preparing Your Shipment:
Other FAQ Categories
- Double check the spelling
- Try less specific words, or other words that mean the same thing
- Limit your search to one or two words